In addition to licensing the U-GAS ®technology, SES may integrate its U-GAS® technology package with downstream technologies to provide a fully integrated offering where SES may invest in Build-Own-Operate ("BOO") projects either directly or through an investment partner.SES has one commercial operating plant and one in commissioning.
Zao Zhuang Joint Venture (click for site images)
In July 2006, SES entered into a cooperative joint venture contract with Shandong Hai Hua Coal & Chemical Company Ltd. (“Hai Hua”) to form the Zao Zhuang ("ZZ") Joint Venture. The ZZ Joint Venture developed, constructed and operates a syngas production plant utilizing the U-GAS® technology in Zao Zhuang City, Shandong Province, China. SES owns 95.5% of the ZZ Joint Venture and Hai Hua owns the remaining 4.5%.
|Location||Shandong Province, China|
|Partner||Shandong Hai Hua Coal & Chemical Co. Ltd|
|Feed rated capacity||400 mtpd|
|End product from syngas||Methanol|
|Design fuel||Coal middling (40% wt ash)|
Yima Joint Venture (click for site images)
The Yima project is being developed under a joint venture with Yima Coal Industry Group Co. Ltd., a large integrated coal company owned by the Chinese government. Yima Coal Industry Group Co. Ltd. is headquartered in Yima City, in China’s Henan Province. Key markets segments the company is involved in are coal mining, power generation, cement, alumina and coal to chemicals.
|Location||Henan Province, China|
|Partner||Yima Coal Industry Group Co.|
|Feed rated capacity||2,400 mtpd|
|End product from syngas||Refined Methanol/Glycol|
|Design fuel||Sub-bituminous (35%-43% wt ash)|